One of the top priorities of any marketing manager is ensuring that the business has a strong online brand. This is because branding has become important to not only marketing departments but also to customers who are seeking out personalized and memorable experiences from the businesses they choose to be customers with.
Think about this: brands like Starbucks, GE, and Moosejaw have a definable online business brand that’s relatable to their customer base. How can your business achieve the same and reach the leads they want? Here are some tips to get you started.
- Always have a niche. It’s all about the uniqueness and niche you can provide to your customers right now. Are you trying to please as many people as possible or have a laser fine focus on what you want to offer? When you have a niche, your business brand starts to take shape so that your marketing becomes easier to manage.
- Figure out your audience. On top of having a defined niche, knowing your definitive audience is key, as well. You may have a vague vision for who your audience is but you need to be able to truly understand who will be your customer. That way, you can build your brand around this highly defined audience.
- Highlight and know your image. Everybody has a certain image they want to show. Apple is for creative types, while Microsoft is built more around a corporate, business type image. How do people perceive your business right now? Is it the type of image you want?
- Have a strong voice. In line with your content marketing, you should have a strong voice in your branding. A B2B company is going to be professional in their writing and marketing while a B2C business that caters to Millennials is going to be a bit more laid back and use slang.
- Brand everything online. Your emails, social media, website, and any part of your presence online should have your branding on it. This creates consistency and people become in tune with your business and interested in your service or products.
Sangeeta Kumar is the Vice President of Web Marketing for GMR Web Team, a global online marketing, strategy, development and maintenance agency. Sangeeta is a jack-of-all-trades kinda person in the world of Internet marketing, excelling in market research to come up with a strategy based on the latest trends to get a website on page 1. She knows her stuff and enjoys a good discussion on SEO anywhere, anytime.Google +