First School: Case Study
Local SEO and Reputation
First School is a pre-kindergarten school. It has three locations: Palm Springs, La Quinta andCathedral City and was a challenge because it ranked nowhere locally.
The challenges identified by GMR were
- Work on website conversions
- Develop the reputation of the school locally
- Get it to rank high despite a tight budget.
Our strategy included
- Identification of the relevant keywords irrespective of competition. This was a gamble because GMR shunned the long tail keyword approach in local search. Our logic was that locally people type a short phrase followed by location. E.g. best preschools in La Quinta, preschools in Palm Springs rather than how to select a preschool.
- Building the online reputation.
- Identification of online networks where prospective parents would visit.
- Working on the review policy so that if teachers asked it would be easier for parents to post reviews.
- Selection of target cities with high prospect flow in consideration of distance.
- Working backend on the website to improve coding because First School did not want to change its website
The action plan included
- Explaining the choice of keywords to the school and giving an estimated timeline of achievement.
- Creation of premium content and guest blogging at locations that parents frequent online.
- Adding review icon to the website so that the teacher could just ask the parent to follow the review link on the website and review the school.
Online marketing efforts were made easier because the school was loved by parents and kids and reviews came flowing.
- There is 112% increase in search via school name, indicating awareness of school brand.
- Parents voluntarily leave reviews of teachers.
- Waiting line to the school is now 3 months.