CashOne: Case Study
Complete Internet Strategy vs.Plain SEO
CashOne is a payday loan company based in Ohio. Prior to taking up the account GMR did an analysis of the status of the traffic to the site and found the following
- Most of the online traffic was from referral sites related to casino businesses
- The onsite optimization of the site was incomplete, attention to details was missing
- The site was optimized for generic keywords that had low conversion rates.
- Around 22% of the traffic was from outside the United States and that made no business sense.
GMR analyzed the business model and deduced that
- New applications were the lifeline of this business.
- Payday loans were something that people usually applied for in an emergency.
- Students and professionals with families needed payday loans
It developed an action plan that was a combination of SEO and Internet Strategy.
- It identified action keywords and keywords that would convert and worked upon it. It had two kinds of keywords short term and long term. GMR quickly got some high conversion keywords to the top and meanwhile worked on the long term keyword strategy.
- Till the keywords ranked high, GMR started a parallel campaign to build the reputation of the business on discussions boards frequented by parents, students and the needy. It developed suitable content on financial advice on its blog and referred visitors to it.
The plan worked and CashOne has a successful online business.
Cost over the years has remained constant, while the volume of leads and the conversion rates per month have increased.
Some keywords we worked on: Online payday loans, emergency payday loans, One hour payday loans