The world of ecommerce can be tough, especially now that its popularity has exploded and there are all sorts of retailers online. If you’re looking to gain an advantage over your competition with your ecommerce website design then check out these tips below to stay ahead of your competition.
- Link together products for more sales. When customers are shopping online, you have a great opportunity to create a packaged deal of similar products that they may need. For example, if you’re selling pillows, your customers will more than likely want to check out pillow cases. Why not wrap up those together in an easy to find package deal on your website?
- Always put emphasis on quality or specialty items. It’s all about niches when it comes to ecommerce websites, so make sure you can gain an advantage with this! If you offer a higher quality brand of gadgets than your competitor, make sure your customers know. Also, if you specialize in certain products use this to your advantage.
- Know the needs of your niche. Speaking of niches, you need to know the types of needs that your particular niche has and have an immediate solution for them. It is all about making their experience as easy and effortless as possible in your ecommerce website design and this can be achieved only once you know what exactly they need from the available products.
- Better shipping methods and prices. This is a major part of any ecommerce website and can make or break your business. You can offer free shipping deals, faster shipping, and even priority shipping to retain customers. Most online shoppers are looking for inexpensive or free shipping; can you provide that for them?
- Great customer service. On top of shipping, the experience your customers encounter when it comes to customer service is also vital. Multiple bad experiences can mean those customers complaining on social media and ruining your reputation, so it is important to have customer service that is friendly and accessible.
Sangeeta Kumar is the Vice President of Web Marketing for GMR Web Team, a global online marketing, strategy, development and maintenance agency. Sangeeta is a jack-of-all-trades kinda person in the world of Internet marketing, excelling in market research to come up with a strategy based on the latest trends to get a website on page 1. She knows her stuff and enjoys a good discussion on SEO anywhere, anytime.Google +