Getting the most out of your landing page is more than just about the perfect marketing strategy or how great the service or product you’re selling might be.It is also about landing page optimization, layout, and design. Think about it: a poorly designed and hard to navigate landing page is going to mean less sales, while a simple and organized layout means people know where to go and make that final sale.
In fact, when it comes to landing page design, there are five major areas that you should always give extra attention to:
1. Images: Pictures can mean the difference between a huge wall of text that viewers immediately skip over or a customer becoming intrigued and then wanting to know more about your service your product. You need to have that striking image right at the top, making people naturally want to read more.
2. Call to Action: The “meat” of your landing page is going to be, of course, your call to action (CTA). If it isn’t front and center or very prominent, then why even bother trying to have viewers react to the CTA? Your call to action needs to be right in front of them and very easy to find for the best results.
3. Blank Space: Having white space on your landing page can be tricky, but with enough analytics from previous campaigns you should be able to find the right balance of blank space to attract a customer’s attention. Too little and your landing page might seem too busy and hard to focus on and too much might make it look boring.
4. Sightlines: Just like with magazine articles or even your website, there needs to be “sightlines” that direct the viewer’s eye throughout the landing page in a natural way. Otherwise, the customer might be confused or frustrated by the design.
5. Content: Finally, the content you place on your landing page in order to help people engage with the call to action and make that sale needs to be the best quality you can get. That means written content, videos, pictures, all of it needs to be your best.
Sangeeta Kumar is the Vice President of Web Marketing for GMR Web Team, a global online marketing, strategy, development and maintenance agency. Sangeeta is a jack-of-all-trades kinda person in the world of Internet marketing, excelling in market research to come up with a strategy based on the latest trends to get a website on page 1. She knows her stuff and enjoys a good discussion on SEO anywhere, anytime.Google +