One of the best ways to drive more traffic to your site is to offer special deals. These short term discounts are much more likely to convert visitors into customers. Here are a few ways to offer your visitors deals to entice them into making a purchase.
- Flash Sales. Flash sales are a fantastic way of hitting a short-term sales goal because the deal lasts only a few hours. The main consideration is to run these sales during a time when people are more likely to be home and online.
- % Off. Offering a set percentage off of the final purchase price (not including tax and shipping) is one of the biggest ways to convert visitors into customers. There is also a good chance that some of the customers will feel compelled to buy more because they are getting more items for the same price.
- A $ off. Offering a dollar amount off of the final purchase, and setting it up to be incremental based on the final total is also a great way to get visitors to make a purchase. Giving them $5 off for a $50 purchase and $10 off for a $75 purchase will also get them to spend that extra $25.
- Free Products. While slightly less effective, giving away a free product to customers who spend more than a set dollar amount does persuade customers to spend a little more. It is not as likely to convince them to make a purchase though.
- Online Coupons. Coupons may not feel worth it when you have to cut them out and carry them into the store, but when it comes to shopping online coupons can make a big difference in your sales. Either email or text coupons to customers enrolled in notifications.
- Free shipping. Free shipping is not only extremely effective; there are shoppers who will only make a purchase if they don’t have to pay for shipping. You can either make it a special deal, or do like some of the bigger businesses or offer free shipping any time a customer spends over a set dollar amount.
Sangeeta Kumar is the Vice President of Web Marketing for GMR Web Team, a global online marketing, strategy, development and maintenance agency. Sangeeta is a jack-of-all-trades kinda person in the world of Internet marketing, excelling in market research to come up with a strategy based on the latest trends to get a website on page 1. She knows her stuff and enjoys a good discussion on SEO anywhere, anytime.Google +