The Internet plays a vital role in linking businesses and their target audiences. Consumers are flocking to the Internet and using a versatile set of mobile devices to stay connected. Your company’s online presence must be competitive, original, and appealing, or you could risk losing potential clients and viable leads.
Don’t lose your online marketing edge due to a failing relationship with your SEO provider. Here are eight ways you can build a better relationship and work together and achieve marketing success:
- If you have questions or concerns about contract provisions, pricing, or any other service provided by your SEO agency, ask them when it comes up instead of complaining about it later.
- Know what you want out of your SEO provider and express this clearly at the beginning of your relationship.
- Be forthcoming with any information that your SEO provider asks for. They need as much relevant information as possible so they can give you the best service possible.
- If there are issues with your website design, don’t instantly assume that your SEO provider is at fault.
- Don’t try to micro-manage the optimization duties.
- Avoid asking for discounts, price matching, or other financial benefits. If you want to work with a cheaper SEO provider, do so, but don’t try to finagle cheaper services from your chosen provider.
- Don’t focus too much attention on what competitors are doing. Worry about what’s going on in your own backyard, rather than what’s going on in theirs.
- Listen to the advice of your SEO provider. After all, they are the professionals when it comes to website optimization.
Sangeeta Kumar is the Vice President of Web Marketing for GMR Web Team, a global online marketing, strategy, development and maintenance agency. Sangeeta is a jack-of-all-trades kinda person in the world of Internet marketing, excelling in market research to come up with a strategy based on the latest trends to get a website on page 1. She knows her stuff and enjoys a good discussion on SEO anywhere, anytime.Google +