The daily evolution of search engine optimization results in the birth of new myths on a regular basis but the old ones dont seem to die with the same regularity. This may be due to the idea that some myths make it easier for companies to sell their SEO services, while others just carry on under their own power. The following is a list of some of the new myths as well as those that might take either a silver bullet or a wooden stake to kill.
- That Google partners with or approves SEO companies – This one is unlikely to die any time soon as it sounds great in a sales pitch, even though it isnt true.
- You have to optimize your meta tags Spammers latched on to meta tags long ago to further their evil agendas. Search engines countered by virtually ignoring meta tags in their algorithms.
- Well register your site with hundreds of directories to improve your rankings Another fallacy that sounds great in a sales pitch. Besides, a high percentage of directories are specific in nature. Registering a website that sells dog collars on a directory for mobility scooters isnt going to help anyone.
- Using Flash hurts a sites rankings It doesnt hurt, but it doesnt help either. Flash used in moderation can improve the user experience while too much can slow down the site, irritating impatient visitors.
- I know my keywords so I dont need to research them Site owners may know their keywords, but they typically go with keywords which are too general or terms used by business insiders. Research will reveal the terms people are using to search for a companys products and which ones can be optimized for the fastest and most cost-effective results.
- Link building is optional Assumptions are that algorithms currently in use at Google, Yahoo, and Bing rely on in-bound links for around 50% of their ranking formula. Without link building the rest of SEO work is a waste of time in terms of rankings.
- You got to get to page one at all costs The get to page one part is true while the at all costs part is false. This is where keyword research comes in by defining the keywords which can make it to page while delivering a positive return on investment.
Listen for these myths in sales pitches to determine who is blowing smoke and who isnt. The second half this list will be covered in Part 2.
Tips on Choosing Shower Heads for Your Bathroom
Woodworking Help Suggestions – The best way to locate right planer
Eco-Friendly Mattress for Natural Sleep
5 Cheap Ways to Make Your Own Humidifier
Backpack For Scooters Urban Riding