Your business logo is one of the first things your customers and potential customers will see. They’ll see it on your business cards, on your stationary, and even on your website or social media accounts. So why isn’t yours getting the attention it deserves?
The answer could be pretty simple, and for many business owners, it could be time for a redesign. Use these logo design tips to help you design a professional looking logo without breaking the bank.
If you’re just designing your logo for the first time, you’re definitely in the right place as well.
1. Make your logo easy to understand and read – A lot of logo design tips tell you to make your logo stand out, and that’s fine. But more than that, you need something people can really read!
2. Use your business name as a part of your logo – That way people will have a better chance of remembering who you are and what you do when they need your product or services.
3. Make the logo a visual representation of what your company does – Run a recording studio? Try a microphone on a stand, or some creative take on it. Make copies for business on a large scale? Try books or stacks of paper. Whatever you do, make it obvious in your logo if that’s possible.
4. Avoid making your logo too fancy if you want to attract customers – If you’re in a luxury business it’s fine, but you don’t want to scare people off with a fancy logo. Believe it or not, that really can happen. Keep your logo and your company approachable and friendly.
5. Don’t mess with your logo all the time – It can be tempting to want to change things as you go, but in most cases your first idea really was your best one. If you do tinker, make sure you’re improving legibility and people’s ability to recognize your logo on the spot.
6. Have somebody else look at your logo – This is one of those logo design tips you shouldn’t ignore if you want a logo everybody likes.
So, do you have any recommendation or tips which you prefer while designing your business logo or for your clients? Go on tell us in the comment box.